Five Companies Win 2017 BBB Torch Awards for Ethics
BBB Luminary Award Recognizes Retired CEO Susan Frank
(Lake Havasu City, AZ – April 13, 2017) Better Business Bureau Serving Greater Arizona (BBB) awarded five companies with a 2017 BBB Torch Awards for Ethics last night during its 16th annual dinner sponsored by Desert Schools Federal Credit Union. BBB also presented its Luminary Award to one of the first women in the country to lead a credit union with one billion in assets.
The BBB Torch Awards for Ethics recognize firms whose business practices and related activities exemplify BBB’s mission and principles to ensure the marketplace remains fair and honorable.
2017 Winners Revealed
1. Loud Rumor – a marketing company for fitness studios and gyms located in Scottsdale with a mission to help 100,000 people start a healthy lifestyle. Loud Rumor is the category one winner with 1-10 employees.
2. Champs Family Automotive – a neighborhood automotive and diesel specialist in Goodyear that strives to bring customers the very best every time. Champs Family Automotive is the category two winner with 11-20 employees.
3. Lucid Agency – a digital marketing agency in Tempe that solves complex business problems through the use of technology and interactive marketing strategy. Lucid Agency is the category three winner with 21-50 employees.
4. Howard Air – a family owned and operated heating and air conditioning business in Phoenix that stays on the cutting edge of technology. Howard Air is the category four winner with 51-150 employees.
5. WebPT – a Phoenix based, leading rehab therapy platform for enhancing patient care while fueling business growth. WebPT is a category five winner with over 150 employees.
“These winners join a community of trustworthy businesses that understand how important trust, transparency and integrity are to business success,” said Matthew Fehling, BBB President/CEO.
BBB also honored these 10 finalists for their dedication to ethical practices:
1. Larson Air Conditioning (Scottsdale)
2. Southwest Services Company (Phoenix)
3. Benefit Logic, Inc. (Flagstaff)
4. Spa Lamar (Scottsdale)
5. Arizona Foundation Solutions, LLC (Phoenix)
6. Two Men And A Truck (Scottsdale)
7. Arrowhead Honda (Peoria)
8. Dircks Moving & Logistics (Phoenix)
9. American Vision Windows (Mesa)
10. George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating (Phoenix)
Additionally, BBB honored its 2017 Luminary Award recipient Susan Frank who is a former BBB board director and recently retired as CEO of Desert Schools Federal Credit Union. The award honors an Arizona leader for positively impacting the community while embodying the spirit of BBB.
Another highlight of the night included an inspiring keynote address from Anthony Robles, 2011 NCAA Champion and author of Unstoppable: From Underdog to Undefeated: How I Became a Champion. Robles’ incredible story of perseverance and determination as a one-legged wrestler highlighted how qualities key in athletics also play an important role in business.
Desert Schools Federal Credit Union served as presenting sponsor for the first year and surprised attendees with a Prosperity Bowl centerpiece created by local artist Trisha Burrough. Radio and television personality Pat McMahon, along with media personality Catherine Anaya, served as masters of ceremonies.
For more information on the winners and finalists of the 16th annual BBB Torch Awards for Ethics, visit torchawards.arizonabbb.org.