Seven Tips to Hire the Right Pest Control Company
Hot summer days coupled with monsoon rains often result in unwanted critters such as ants, spiders, and/or roaches. Better Business Bureau (BBB) shares tips to help decide whether to tackle pests on your own or hire a professional. Last monsoon season, BBB received more than 13,100 inquiries on pest control services in Arizona, making it one of the most searched industries. In the last 30 days, BBB has received over 800 inquiries for pest control services along with 54 customer reviews and 10 complaints.
Keep your home critter-free
• Inspect your home for leaks and ensure splash blocks and pipes
divert water several feet away from the foundation
• Trim branches and foliage away from the house
• Remove trash regularly and tightly cover trash receptacles
Hire a trustworthy pest control company
1. Research pest control companies at bbb.org before hiring
2. Check the company’s pest control license with the Arizona Office of
3. Ask for free estimates that include list of services and cost
4. Request everything is writing, including verbal promises
5. Read all agreements before signing
6. Review extended-service agreements
7. Clarify warranty details – what it covers, for how long, etc.
Extra Tip: Be leery of companies that go door-to-door offering free
inspections, requesting payment in cash, and using high-pressure sales
For a list of trustworthy pest control companies, visit bbb.org.
For more information or to schedule an interview with a BBB spokesperson, please contact Elaine Cullen at 928-302-3701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.