The Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame to Induct A New Class of 24 Veterans in Ceremonies on October 27, 2017
The annual Induction Ceremony of the Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame will take place on Friday, October 27th, from 11:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at the Talking Stick Resort Conference Center, 9800 E. Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85256. Doors open at 11:00 a.m. The Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame is sponsored and administered by the Unified Arizona Veterans, Inc., Phoenix, Arizona, www.azuav.org. The Induction Ceremony recognizes and honors Arizona veterans who have honorably served their country and who continue to serve and inspire their fellow American citizens with civic deeds and accomplishments outside their military service, including Arizona Medal of Honor Recipients recognized for valor in action against enemy forces in wartime. The Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame is recognized by the Governor of Arizona and the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services, and supported by the Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame Society. This will be the 17th class of veterans inducted since the inception of the Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame in 2001.
This year’s Induction Ceremony will recognize the Class of 2017:
- Jose L. Baeza, Hereford, Marine Corps veteran
- Harry H. Bailey, Jr., Phoenix, Air Force veteran
- Harvey A. Bershader, Sedona, Army veteran
- Harry E. Bowen, Sr., Sierra Vista, Army veteran
- John L. Chase, Scottsdale, Navy veteran
- Eugene C. Crego, Mesa, Marine Corps veteran
- Helene F. Culin, Sun City, Army veteran
- Robert Dalpe, Chandler, Air Force veteran
- Mark Field, Surprise, Navy veteran
- John B. Fontana, Scottsdale, Navy veteran
- John H. Fuller, Jr., Mesa, Air Force veteran
- Kevin W. Haegele, Phoenix, Navy veteran
- Anthony Irby, El Mirage, Army veteran
- Andrew R. Jones, Chandler, Marine Corps veteran
- Mitchell D.K. Kalauli II, Lake Havasu City, Army veteran
- Christine M. Mahon, Phoenix, Army veteran
- Brian S. Mancini, Surprise, Army veteran, posthumous
- Darrell D. Mandrell, Chandler, Army veteran
- Edmund L. Mangan III, Phoenix, Air Force veteran
- Roy A. McClymonds, Mesa, Air Force veteran
- Donald L. Price, Sierra Vista, Marine Corps veteran
- Michael W. Roberts, Sierra Vista, Army veteran
- Allen F. Rossow, Sierra Vista, Army veteran
- Lewis E. Wood, Sr., Glendale, Army veteran
Veterans, military, and the public are invited to the Induction Ceremony, which includes lunch. The lunch entrée is Herb Roasted Chicken. Special dietary needs such as requests for vegetarian meals will be accommodated.
Registration Information: Registration information is now available at the Unified Arizona Veterans website, www.azuav.org. Please download/print the Registration Form, fill it out, and mail the Registration Form and your check or money order payable to “UAV” to: UAV, P.O. Box 34338, Phoenix, AZ 85067, Attn: Treasurer.
The “Early Bird” cost is $55 per person until September 30, 2017. From October 1st to October 13th, the lunch cost changes to $65. Registrations with payment must be received in the UAV post office box by September 30th, and October 13th, respectively.
Veterans and the public who do not have access to the Registration form on the website www.azuav.org, please contact Carol Culbertson, Secretary, telephone 602.799.9480 cell, to have the form mailed to you. The final Registration due date is October 13, 2017. Only registered guests will be allowed to attend the Induction Ceremony and lunch. All lunches are pre-paid; lunches will not be sold at the
Induction Ceremony event. For general information about the Induction Ceremony and luncheon, please contact Carol Culbertson, Secretary, Unified Arizona Veterans, at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 602.799.9480 cell; or Reggie Yates, Chair, Unified Arizona Veterans, at email: email@example.com, telephone 602.373.0703 cell.
Points of Contact: Carol Culbertson, Secretary, Unified Arizona Veterans, firstname.lastname@example.org, 602.799.9480 cell; or Reggie Yates, Chair, Unified Arizona Veterans, email@example.com, 602.373.0703 cell.