Governor Doug Ducey issued an executive order clarifying businesses and operations deemed “essential” by the state and providing certainty to business owners, employees and families. The order goes into effect on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
The order is a proactive measure to ensure consistent guidance across the state.
Mayor Sheehy Declares Existence of a Local Emergency.
Here is the information regarding this.
- Asking us, the citizens of Lake Havasu to Follow the guidelines provided by the CDC for social distancing, avoiding groups of 10 or more people, practice good personal hygiene by washing your hands regularly and covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing and stay at home when it’s an option. The focus is to flatten he spread of COVID 19 and to stop the spread of this virus and keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed and maximize available funding.
- All restaurants, bars, cafes, coffee houses, retail food facilities, and other similar business and establishments are asked to take measures to implement social distancing and increase the use of delivery service, drive through service, pick up delivery, drive through window service and use precautions in doing so to prevent the possible exposure of COVID-19.
- The mayor has been in contact with Governor Ducey, Senator McSally, and Senator Sinema’s office to push for small business support during this time.
- Supply chains have confirmed they are intact.
- Remain calm and do not over purchase so everyone may get the needed supplies they require.
UNEMPLOYMENT FILING AND OTHER INFORMATION:
- Dept of Labor offers programs for Dislocated workers that are unemployed at no fault of their own. This program offers relief for Rent, mortgages, utilities, gas, maintenance, child care, etc. This program requires a physical visit to their office at 2001 College Drive, at the courthouse. Phone number is 928.453.0710
- Eviction Assistance: https://housing.az.gov/
- WACOG offers financial relief programs as well https://www.wacog.com/
- RESCARE for families with Children. https://www.rescareworks.com/
- WIOA Resource website for COVID-19 is coming: https://email@example.com
- Existing WIOA information and access is: https://des.az.gov/services/employment/workforce-innovation-and-opportunity-act
- BEAP for Bartenders https://www.usbgfoundation.org/beap-application-faq
Radio Central urges everyone to remain calm and practice good hygiene and social distancing. We will make it through this. Thank you.
The editors of TALKERS magazine, with input from industry leaders, present the 100 Most Important Radio Talk Show Hosts in America – known as the “Heavy Hundred.”
KNTR Talk 106.3 FM is proud to announce that three of the top five talk radio hosts listed on the “Heavy Hundred” are featured on “The Voice of the Free.” In fact, 8 of the top 35 shows on this coveted list air on KNTR Talk.
For a complete list of the TALKERS “Heavy Hundred,” click here.
Until further notice and beginning immediately, the AZ@WORK office located at 228 London Bridge Road in Lake Havasu City will be closed on Wednesdays and Fridays, but if you need veteran employment services on one and/or both of those days, and I am available, I can schedule an appointment with you. I can then open the door for you so you can job search, use the computers, work on a resume, file a UI claim, and/or assist you with veteran employment services.
Sorry for the inconvenience but this is only a temporary situation.
Todd R. Baldwin
Veterans Workforce Specialist
Reemployment Assistance Administration
Phone: (928) 854-0351 Fax: 928-680-7849